Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Precious Cargo

DSCN2354

Stepping foot into a high-end children's boutique is not a smart move when you're living on a tight budget.  Lured by the siren song of soft fabrics, adorable applique, and delicate embroidery stitches, that is just what Abby, Lacy, and I did yesterday.  While on an unrelated shopping mission, we took our little detour and spent a few minutes ooo'ing and ahhh'ing at the abundance of exquisite babywear.

Abby spotted a certain little white batiste baby boy outfit, piped in blue, and embroidered with a little train-load of animals.  I could tell from the gleam in her eye that all previous plans for what Kyle would wear home from the hospital just went flying out of her mind.  The only hindrance to her new vision was the hefty price tag, obviously.

Wheels quickly began turning in my head.  I remembered that I had pattern at home that could easily be altered to duplicate this little dream.  So, once our primary shopping mission was completed, we motored over to the fabric store and laid down a whopping $7.25 to buy the necessary batiste, buttons, and elastic. 

This one really is going to work up quickly.  It's been quite a few years since I did any shadow embroidery, so I'm having to dig deep into the recesses of my brain, but thankfully, it's a small piece.  I'm about half-way through with that part.

My plan is to construct this today and tomorrow, which means my plans to complete Caleb's wall hanging today are now on hold.  Again.  My poor son may or may not have a finished room to come home to. 

But Kyle will be styling, that's for sure.

I'll post pics of the finished product pronto.

DSCN2356

Love,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A-dor-a-ble! I know he'll look precious in it! Be sure to take a picture of him wearing it home! G~Mama