Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips

DSCN4257

There are several variations of fruit salsa floating around these days.  Here is Laura Lee's using apples, peaches, a clementine, and strawberries.  Peaches are at their peak right now and strawberries are still abundant, so I loaded up with those.  I'm sure any combination of diced fruit would work really well.  It's then glazed with apple jelly mixed with brown sugar.  T'was the perfect snack this afternoon for four little fishies when they returned from swimming at the neighbor's pool.


Fruit Salsa

  • 1 peach, diced
  • 2 tart apples, diced
  • 10 or so strawberries, diced (about 1 cup)
  • 1 clementine or orange, seeded and diced
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons apple jelly 
For the cinnamon tortilla chips I sprayed 6 tortillas with Pam and then sprinkled them liberally with sugar and cinnamon before cutting them into wedges.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Just watch them and don't let them get too brown like I did my first batch....


Love,

No comments: