Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Blueberry-Banana Bread



So I've had these blueberries just chillin' in the fridge for like two months now. Back in July, my friend Jessica brought me a HUGE bag of them--fresh picked from her bushes. I've been using them in muffins and pancakes for weeks. I can NOT believe how well they have kept all this time.

A couple days ago, I saw this recipe for Blueberry Banana Bread and thought it might be a great way to use some more of them.

Oh, Wow! Was this good! I couldn't keep myself out of this stuff, and neither could anyone else in the family, including Bella. I made two loaves last time and plan to make about six the next time. You gotta try it!

Blueberry-Banana Bread

1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. mashed ripe bananas
1 c. frozen blueberries (or fresh)
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325°F degrees.Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Add mashed bananas.Measure flour, reserving 2 tablespoons of flour to coat blueberries.Stir baking soda and salt into flour, mixing well. Stir in oats. Fold into banana mixture. Stir in vanilla.Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons flour over blueberries, then fold into batter. Stir in nuts.Transfer batter to loaf pans. Bake about 50 minutes.

"I think I'll just nap till it's ready...."

No comments: