Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Sharon's Chicken Salad

IMG_9878


A couple nights ago, I was invited to a ladies' night in my neighborhood.  Everyone was asked to bring a dish to share.  Thinking a pretty bowl of chicken salad might just be the ticket, I pulled out this delicious version from my friend, Sharon.  I have yet to meet anyone who tried it and didn't love it.  And many have asked for the recipe.
 
I know you'll like this!!

IMG_9873


Sharon's Chicken Salad

  • 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
  • 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
  • 1 cup chopped tart apple
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 3/4 cup sliced green onions
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • poppy seeds sprinkled over the top
Mix all this together and serve in a pretty bowl.


    You may notice the conspicuous absence of poppy seeds in the pictures.  Turns out my bottle of poppy seeds had gone rancid.  Ugh!  So, I had to skip those in this batch.  That's ok.  It's still great without them.   Also, I usually chop up some pecans to throw in this.  Delicious!!


    IMG_9877

    Chicken salad with homemade bread and fresh pineapple. 


    Life is a picnic.  Celebrate every morsel!

    Love,

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I just might make this to take to the 2 Family Reunions this year. It would be easy to make ahead. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Love, G~Mama

    Abby said...

    Yumm-o!

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for a good chicken salad recipe as I love the stuff. I will most definitely put this in my little book of recipes and fix it some time in the near future.

    Love,
    Rochelle