Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Quilting the Blues


~We interrupt the regularly scheduled blog post to bring you this baby update.~   



Baby Jeremiah made his grand appearance on Thursday morning, June 6, 2013.  He weighed 7 pounds and 0 ounces.  He is 20 1/2 inches long.  Lollee is completely taken with him.  What a sweetheart!


Jeremiah was six days early.  Everyone I know who has had a baby in the past month or so has come early by at least six days, most by at least two weeks.  That's at least seven people.  What is up with that?   

So here he is in all his adorableness.  Hannah's labor went fast, and she did great.  I am so blessed to have a daughter-in-love who wanted her mother-in-law in the delivery room with her along with her own mother and Brad.  I will cherish those hours together for the rest of my life.

Brad, Hannah, and Jeremiah are at home settling in nicely.  They even hosted a cook-out last evening to celebrate with the families. 

OK. The quilt.



Forty-eight ladies told me they wanted a shot at the Blues quilt.  I was a little surprised so many people liked my impromptu scrap-happy quilting diversion.  I smiled as I wrote each name on blue paper, thinking what each might feel if her name were drawn.  I admit that getting ready to draw a name is always nerve racking for me.  I would love for everyone to win.


I never can locate a hat; we settled for this tin box.  Worked in a pinch.



Valerie Potter--you win!

I was especially thrilled when Tom drew the name this time because this gal and I go way back. Valerie and I met a little more than 26 years ago in Knoxville.   At the time she was pregnant with a baby girl, their first.  A few months later, little Natalie was born still.  It was probably the saddest thing I'd ever experienced.  She and her husband handled Natalie's death with such grace and faith.  I learned a lot from them about trusting God during the darkest of days.

Later, God gave them two healthy boys, both grown-up young men now.

A few years ago, Valerie was involved in a terrible automobile accident.  She has undergone many surgeries, but still experiences terrible pain much of the time.

Valerie, it is my prayer that this quilt brings you happiness and comfort whenever you use it.  Message me your mailing address so I can get it right out to you!



Love,



P.S.  Bella says to tell you it's a great napping quilt.  

2 comments:

Living in China said...

I personally LOVE the tin box you drew out of- such style! Your grandson is scrumptious and adorable and totally lovable! And it sounds as if the quilt couldn't have gone to a more special lady. All around a very nice blog post. Congratulations, Valerie!

Valerie P said...

I am thrilled beyond words that Tom drew my name as the winner of the quilt!!! It will definitely bring happiness and comfort to me. Love you!