Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Tea Time


My girls and I love to bake cookies, set a pretty table, and make a pot of tea to share together.

Today we made short bread. This is the recipe I've had in my collection the longest. A friend showed me how to make it in the fifth grade and I wrote the recipe down, then and there, in my elementary style printing. It takes only three ingredients and is the easiest thing you could ever whip up from scratch. But believe me when I tell you that it's delicious.

Try this one soon, you hear?


Short Bread
  • 2 sticks butter (don't substitute!)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place soft butter in a bowl and add the flour and sugar. Cut it together with a pastry blender, or a heavy spoon, until completely blended. Pat the mixture into an 8 inch square pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cut into squares.


1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

This is Wilson's favorite recipe for shortbread! I made it one day when we wanted strawberry shortcake and didn't have a lot of ingredients on hand. He fell in love and we haven't looked back! Thanks for a great, simple dessert recipe!!