Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Peanut Brittle



Lately, Lacy's been suggesting we make peanut brittle.  Now, if you don't know my girl, she isn't big on working in the kitchen--nothing like her older and younger sisters.  So, when Lacy suggests cooking something, my little ears perk right up.

It's been a while since I made any candy because my candy thermometer died a few years back and I am too cheap keep forgetting to buy a new one.  If I had known it would only set me back $3.50, I would have been back in the candy making business a long time ago.

We used this recipe, from allrecipes.com.  It turned out great!


 
Have your lovely assistant shell the peanuts.  These need to be raw, not roasted.


Then put the sugar, corn syrup, water, salt and peanuts into the pot.

It takes a while to start boiling. 

Lacy is trying to be patient, but she'd rather be making music.

Finally!  300 degrees.

Quickly stir in the butter and baking soda before spreading it on the pan.

Let it cool completely, then break into bite sized pieces.

I wish for you a beautiful weekend!

Love,