Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Christmas Quilts and Wacky Birds


Isn't this a gorgeous quilt? My great-grandmother Hattie Brinson made this quilt for my father when he was 12 years old. It is a full bed size quilt. My father very generously gave this quilt to me recently. I think it looks beautiful all year long, but especially at Christmas!

Below is a Christmas quilt I made a few years ago. The blocks in this are called "cake stand."



And finally, I wanted to show you these adorable birds that my father-in-law carves from pine knots. He calls them "ugly birds" but I think they are really cute. At Christmastime, they don their scarves and muffs and go visit Santa bird.



"I want it all and I want it now!"

More holiday decorating to come!


Enjoy your Thursday.

Love,
Laura Lee

No comments: