Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Happy Thanksgiving!

IMG_8903

No sleeping in on this Thanksgiving Day morning!  There are pies to bake before the Big Bird goes in the oven, then some casseroles to assemble which will bake while the Bird waits to be carved.

Thanksgiving will be quiet here this year.  Just our little, er, not so little family gathered 'round the table today.  Tom and Lacy are headed downtown to help set up for One Table, a big shin-dig Thanksgiving meal prepared and served by volunteers outside in The Alley.  Anyone is welcome and I hear it's very well attended. 

We're missing Abby and Jonathan, of course.  Sniff, sniff.  Her first Thanksgiving away from home!

Come on back later and check out the drawing for the Christmas quilt.  If you haven't entered yet, I suggest you do so now!   Fifty-nine entries so far for the quilt, and a whole host of fun, creative names for the snowman and bird.  As soon as I get these pies out of the oven and the Big Bird in, I'll be making the ornaments to give away to the name winners!

Till then....Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Shanda

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your "turkey-lurkey" and eat some for me! Waiting (not too) patiently for your drawing!
G~Mama

Living in China said...

You never mentioned what kind of pie THIS is? Toll House?