Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Sugar Cookies

DSCN0899

Sweet, familiar, comfortable.  Nothing speaks home quite like a sugar cookie warm from the oven.  No frills, just the friendly and familiar flavors of sugar with vanilla and a hint of almond.  I love this particular recipe made with butter and cream cheese.   These cookies are perfect for any occasion, or just for saying "I love you" to my family on a lazy afternoon.

DSCN0882

DSCN0888



 Sugar Cookies
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2- 3/4 cup sugar for rolling

Preheat the oven to 375°F. 

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy.  Beat in the vanilla and almond extracts, and the egg.  Add the flour mixture and beat on low until the mixture is evenly moistened.  Scoop the dough by tablespoonfuls into the sugar, rolling to coat.  Place on greased baking sheets (or use a baking stone), leaving 2” between them.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  The edges of the cookies will just barely begin to brown.  Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to finish cooling.




Love,

4 comments:

JoyinChina said...

These look perfect to go with a nice cup of tea. Yum!

Anonymous said...

At last! I found the Click Here Place farther down the page!
Anyway, the cookies look so good! Wish I had some! G~Mama

Lacy said...

Yum! When are you going to make some??

Debbie Hard said...

Josiah, my 11 year old wants to be a chef someday :) He is taking a cooking class in school this year and has been telling me for a while now that he wants to make cookies. SUGAR cookies! So, I remembered that you had these on your blog, but I couldn't remember the name of the blog to begin to search. THANK GOODNESS for google. I put your name and BLOG and BINGO. I found it! I also found the sugar cookie recipe! We made these with ricotta cheese in place of the cream cheese and they turned out GREAT. I think this is my NEW FAVORITE cookie recipe. So FAST, EASY and YUMMY!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Debbie and Josiah Hard