Sometimes I get these crazy notions, and I should probably just let them pass instead of acting on them. Like yesterday--as I was working on this wall hanging, from parts and pieces of the original Christmas give-away quilt that I didn't end up using--I got the ridiculous idea to offer it as another give-away, this time as a contest. So I threw it out there on Facebook to see if there were any takers and got a fairly decent response. Several folks thought my suggestion of writing a poem or short story was a good one, so I'm going with it.
Here are the guidelines.
- Write a short original poem or story-- humorous, serious, whatever you want--with a winter theme.
- If it's a poem, it needs to be 8 lines at least.
- Send it to me by email or as a message on Facebook. Don't post it to my wall.
- You may submit one or two entries.
- Try your best not to reveal your identity in your poem or story.
- Deadline is next Monday, November 28th, by 6PM.
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!