Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Lazy Day



It's a crisp, chilly day here.  The temperature outside, barely nosing above 60 degrees, is doing its best to convince us that it really is Fall.  While Tom and Lacy are hard at work nailing down a new roof on a house across town, the rest of us are just enjoying a lazy day at the homestead.  I figured this was as good a time as any to update my poor, neglected blog.



The children are outside on the deck engaged in crafty pursuits.  Holly and Maggie are busy making patterns with perler beads and ironing them to make cool designs.  Maggie's wavy hair is a result of the French braids she wore to the daddy/daughter dinner last night.  Cute, huh?

Meanwhile, Caleb is busy coloring.  Incidentally, he's wearing three shirts.  Earlier he had on four.  It's not exactly clear to me why he thinks multiple shirts are better than one shirt and one jacket.  Not sure what's up with the charm bracelet, either.

Moving on...


Personally, I just think it's great to have a whole day at home with nothing at all that has to be done.  I'd have a hard time thinking of anything much better than being home with a sewing project I'm excited about and a whole day to work on it.  So, I'm occupying my time messing about with the Christmas quilt give-away.  This one has morphed into something completely different than I originally planned.  I keep tweaking it here and there, adding and deleting elements, my hands trying frantically to keep up with my ADD brain.  But it's coming along nicely and is possibly my favorite so far.  When it's completed this week I'll be sure to let you know.  Then, I'll draw a name for the winner on Thanksgiving Day, per tradition.  Holla if you want in.

Other than that, there are several other sewing projects I want to show you in the next few days.  I made the cutest toy for Kyle this morning on a whim--saw it on a blog and had to make one.  Super fun and easy to sew-- he's gonna love it.  I'll definitely snap a few photos of him when he sees it and will likely make another to give away.  Then there's the Christmas gift I've been hand stitching pretty steadily for the past few weeks.  Oh, my goodness.  I love it so much.  Well, as much as I can love something that can't love me back.  And recipes--got some photos chillin' in the iPhoto, ready to become blog posts as well.

I hope you're enjoying your Saturday as much as we are.

Stay warm!

Love,

5 comments:

Janet said...

Ok, I'm a hollering, add me to the drawing, please. After all the work and planning for last night you need a break. Everything looked great and I'm sure tasted great. Have a great fall day!

JoyinChina said...

Yes, please, definitely add me to the drawing! A pretty quilted wall hanging will fit perfectly into my transient existence, packing easily (and not breaking!) in each move, and providing homey holiday cheer. I do hope I win this year! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with the rest of us. :)

Anonymous said...

I want in on the drawing for the Christmas give away, please. Have a great rest of your weekend.
Rochelle

Dday944 said...

Ok, wanted to make sure you added me to the drawing. I really like this piece! :-)
Diane

Living in China said...

Well, I would sure love to have it! Not only because it's going to be incredibly beautiful but because it's made by Laura Brinson Temple! An LBT original is a precious thing! Please enter me in your drawing!