Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

How to Build a Church


Lest you begin to think that this has become a cooking blog, I thought I'd show you the progress that I've made on the Christmas quilt project I'm working on with my friend Ellen, in New York. We got this idea in the spring when she and her daughter, Caroline, came down to spend their spring break week with us.


Ellen is responsible for getting me hooked on quilting. I'd been sewing for years when she started sending me quilting patterns and magazines. I'd look at them and think, "Maybe one day I'll have time for that." At some point, about 10 years ago, I started really becoming fascinated with making quilts. If I didn't have a house full of children and homeschool, I'm pretty sure I'd spend my days doing nothing else! I am crazy in love with quilting!

The quilt has six different rows. We are each responsible for making three rows, one set for ourselves, and one set for the other. Then we will swap and assemble our rows with borders, etc., to finish the quilts. The real challenge is going to be getting it all done before Christmas!

I've been busy working on the church rows. These have been so fun to do.



The church rows are almost finished!


The joy rows are finished!



I'm curious how my partner's are coming along. Here is a photo she recently sent me of the basket row in progress.


Back to the ironing board!

Love,
Laura Lee

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh, if you only lived a bit closer...
Barnful of Quilts!...
I know you'd love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.....I admire anyone who quilts and I particularly love your theme.

Rosie
www.rosieswhimsy.wordpress.com

Laura Lee said...

Thanks for stopping by, Rosie. It's probably a good thing I don't have a porch like yours, or I'd never drag myself inside to quilt!