Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Pumpkin Cookies!


October is the perfect month to make these delicious pumpkin cookies. The frosting is what really makes them special. Grandmama used to make these when I was growing up. I think I could have eaten a whole batch all by myself.
Pumpkin Cookies
  • 1 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup pumpkin
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
Mix and drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes @ 375 degrees. Cool.

Frosting
  • 3 Tablespoon butter or margarine
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup confectioner's sugar
Blend butter, milk, and brown sugar over medium heat until smooth. Remove from stove. Cool and add vanilla and confectioner's sugar.

Try these. I think you'll like them as much as I do!

Love,
Laura Lee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Couldn't resist trying your recipe for the pumpkin cookies. THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY YUMMY!!! I've added the recipe to my "favorites".