Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

I Love the Internet!


Look at the photo above. Looks like an oil painting, huh? Well, I just went outside and took that photo and uploaded to a cool website where you can edit and enhance your photos. I clicked on "oil painting" and viola~done! I modified a thumb-nail sized photo, so there were very few pixels, thus the impressionistic quality, which I love. I also tried it with full size photos from the beach and they looked more real-life painted, if that makes sense.

I plan to print out this flag photo and copy it with real paints to hang somewhere in the house. I've always wanted an oil painting of my home! And my kids....and my dog....and my roses....hmmmm...the possibilities are limitless!

BTW, I painted the banner of the children with the umbrella 25 years ago, copying from a little notecard. I can copy anything, just can't draw from real life.

Try out the website!

Love,
Laura Lee

4 comments:

Rita's Recipes said...

what is the name of the website for the photo edits?

Laura Lee said...

Hi Rita,

I hope you find this response.

The website is:

http://pixenate.com/

Laura Lee

Rita's Recipes said...

Thank you for the info on the website. I love the look of your blog. I've made the potato soup the first day because I happened to have all the ingredients on hand . I also made the beans and rice,(even though I only had one can of black beans in the pantry) for lunch last weekend. Very tasty!. You've inspired me to start my own blog. How long did it take you to get yours looking so nice? I just set mine up today, getting started is a learning experience. Something new for me.

Rita

Rita's Recipes said...

your quilts are beautiful. I can't believe you are giving one away! Put me on the list, if it is still open. I would treasure it! I have a small collection of quilts, some new, some from flea markets that are quite old, but none as pretty as yours. I appreciate your handmade talent.
.
Rita