Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!


I've been thinking again.

Whoa! Dangerous, I know.

But seriously, I started wondering if there was any chance, any remote possibility, that someone reading this actually believes that we are a picture perfect family, living in a picture perfect home. Those of you who spend much time with us are already doubled up on the floor laughing, I'm sure.


So I thought, in the unlikely event that I have actually led anyone to believe such a lie, I'd like to show you the real us.... you know, the stuff that you never see on people's beautiful blogs. The mess that is shoved out of the way or piled somewhere else, so the perfect photograph can be taken. You know that's what we do, right?? I mean who lives in a picture perfect house, except possibly my friend, Erika? House Beautiful could do a photo shoot at her home any time of day or night with a mere five minute's notice. The rest of us actually have messes from time to time, right?


So here is where I let it all hang out. Where you get to see life in the raw at our house. I know you're on the edge of your seat....


What you see....

What you don't see....


Birthday Cake.....


Birthday Cake being inhaled....



The den...


The den during playtime...


The fantasy bathroom...

The reality bathroom...


Your lovely blog author....


Your blog author at her finest....
Have I successfully dispelled the myth?

Love,
Laura Lee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still dont believe it. I think the 'real' photos were actually staged to give the impression that you really dont have the 'perfect' home! Nice try, though.