Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

I've Failed as a Mother!

Somehow, the youngest of my six children has arrived at the ripe old age of four having never dunked a cookie in milk! Now before you go and call DSS, I'm happy to tell you that the situation has been completely rectified.

Just how this travesty of justice occurred I can not say. But I discovered it a while ago as I was stealthily dunking my own cookie in milk. Maggie saw me and asserted, "Mommy! You're not 'posed to do that! You don't dip your cookies in milk!" When I assured her that, yes, in fact you do, she just giggled and giggled!


"You DO? Can I do that?"


"Why, yes, my princess, you most certainly may!"



So, she did....again, and again, and again!


And the princess lived happily ever after....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that you still have Saturday's cookies on Monday!

Does you princess dress as a princess every day?

Laura Lee said...

Yes, Roy, she dresses as a princess every day! I've decided if that's the worst of the parenting issues I have to deal with, I'm doing pretty good!

However, you've made me realize....it's been a while since I laundered that dress....