Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

What's For Dinner, Mrs. T?

I want to introduce you to my best friend. I've known this girl for over 24 years. Her personality is dependable, modest, quiet, and most importantly, warm. She's always there for me, never interrupts me when I'm busy, and works hard all day, never asking for anything in return. And best of all, she gives me the best gifts a friend could desire!

She is my crock-pot, and I
LOVE her!

I love the freedom of filling her up with cold ingredients and letting her work all day for me, while I do whatever else I need to do.

So today she is going to simmer a delicious pot roast while I sew and play all day. Ahhh, liberty!
 
I found this big ol' roast marked down at Wal-Mart last night. This morning I grabbed my favorite crock-pot cook book, Fix It and Forget It, and chose from a zillion pot roast recipes. I had all the ingredients for Sweet Savory Pot Roast.
 Grab this, throw in that. I love a stocked pantry. OK, I didn't say organized, just well stocked! Hurry! Close that cabinet before someone looks in there....!

We'll be having potatoes and a salad with that.

Now, on to the best part....DESSERT! It's easy to spell dessert, just remember that you always want TWO servings and you'll never forget the TWO S's!

Here is the recipe for a simple, delicious pie. I honestly don't know the name of this pie or where I got the recipe. It only takes three ingredients and you can mix it up in two seconds. It is light and refreshing, a perfect ending to a summer meal. You can use ANY flavor of yogurt you like. We like strawberry or peach. I add a couple drops of food coloring to make it pretty, otherwise it is almost white. And that is fine. White is good if you like white! I just like a little color. OK, here it is....we'll just call it:

Delicious Frozen Yogurt Pie
  • 1 graham cracker pie crust
  • 2- 8 oz cartons flavored yogurt (try strawberry or peach)
  • 1-8 oz tub Cool Whip
Mix yogurt and Cool Whip and put in pie crust. Freeze. Let thaw a couple minutes before slicing.


" Did somebody say 'Pot Roast?'"
"Wake me up when it's ready..."

Have a Wonderful Wednesday and be sure to check back tomorrow.
I have a surprise up my sleeve!

Love,
Laura Lee

No comments: