Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Spring Reminder Southern Style

This here blue waterin' can full of spring flowers is my feeble attempt to remind myself that it is actually SPRING and not w~i~n~t~e~r.

Brrrrrrr!


We've had a gracious plenty of cold weather in these here parts of late. I'm ready for it to git gone! I'm hankerin' for those sunny spring days to return. I'm 'bout to have me a hissy fit it they don't. I like to froze my hiney off this morning when I took Bella out.

I reckon it's 'bout time to draw for a winner in the Spring Fever! Quilt give-away. If'n you'd like to take a stab at winnin' this right purty little piece of stitchery, click over on the side bar where it says "Enter Here" and leave me a comment directly.


I know some of y'all have tried to leave a comment but cain't. I have an axe to grind with the people who run this site. I bout' decided they're a couple sandwiches shy of a picnic.

If'n ya' done tried to leave me a comment and hadn't been able to do it proper like, ya' better email me right quick at:

laurat1962 at yahoo dot com

Fer ya' still wet behind the ears types, ya gotta remove the spaces and replace the "at" with "@" and the "dot" with "."

If ya cain't figure that out, then by golly, yer engine's runnin' but ain't nobody drivin'.

Give me a holler, ya' hear?

Now, I gotta git. I'm plumb wore out.

Love,
Laura Lee

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I think you've spent too much time at the dude-ette ranch. It's affected your ability to speak! I do, however, love that you properly used the word 'caint', except remember, a good Southerner NEVER puts an apostrophe in single syllable contractions!

Laura Lee said...

Well, thanky kindly. I'm much obliged to ya fer the correction of my southern gramm'r. Ya see, I is a transplant, and had to lern all this the hard way. But don't ya go tellin' nobody, ya hear?

Mayor Stoner said...

Tom...is she actually speaking that way??? Has she got anyone else doing it???

How are the rest of you handling it?

Is everyone doing it...um,...Pardner?